We are seeking a dynamic candidate ready for a great entrepreneurial opportunity!
Electromate is a leading Canadian Distributor of Automation & Motion Control components & systems. We provide the industry’s most comprehensive selection of motion controllers, servo/stepper components, positioning & bearing systems for the Industrial Automation industry.
Electromate’s Core Purpose is to help Canadian Manufacturers build better machines using differentiated automation technology. We specialize in Robotic and Mechatronic Solutions for a variety of high technology industries including: medical, biomedical, pharmaceutical, life science, aerospace, machine tool, semiconductor, embedded robotics, optics, automotive, packaging, defense, test & measurement and metal fabricating and forming.
Thanks to the continued success of our satisfied customers, we are expanding our Application Engineering Department. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving technical challenges and enjoys working in a dynamic industry.
The role of the Applications Engineer is to work directly with our sales and management teams to develop technically proficient solutions that ensure we win each and every opportunity we quote. The Applications Engineer role has the ideal balance of both the technical and commercial aspects of our business. In this position, you will lead and participate in the following activities:
- Engineering design, selection, costing and presentation of technical proposals for many types of automation projects based on Customer specifications
- Work with a department manager to review concepts and proposals
- Involve third party vendors in the quoting process, where necessary
- Where required, travel to the Customer’s site to assist in the project or product implementation
- Development of customer relationships, representing Electromate’s technical capabilities to the customer
- Providing feedback to management and implementing effective sales strategies
The successful candidate should have a post-secondary diploma or degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, or electrical engineering. A degree in robotics is an asset. Candidates should have 2-3 years of machine building experience, preferably with ‘hands-on’ knowledge of servo systems. Experience with Industrial communication protocols is a must. We are looking for individuals with good interpersonal & communication skills and the ability to think at a “system” level.
This career development position offers a competitive salary including a performance bonus program and a fully subsidized Group Benefits Plan.
To explore this opportunity e-mail your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to-
Attention: Human Resources
Electromate is an ISO 9001:2015 Registered Company
Motion Control At The Speed Of Technology™