Galil's RIO-47xxx Pocket PLC is packed with analog and digital I/O in a compact package. Its powerful RISC processor provides fast I/O handling and logic control. The Galil RIO-47xxx I/O Controller is easy-to-program with Galil's Ladder Interface Software or intuitive command language. Plus, the RIO is cost-effective at just $295 US in single quantity and unlike most PLCs, analog I/O and Ethernet 10/100Base-T is included at no extra charge. Use them stand-alone or network multiple RIOs to handle all the I/O in your machine.
View a 2minute YouTube video on the features of Galil's RIO Pocket PLC: Galil RIO Pocket PLC Features YouTube Video.
Features of Galil's RIO Pocket PLC
Packed with I/O:
- Analog inputs, user-configurable for 0-10V, 0-5V, +/-5V, +/-10V, 12-bit or 16-bit ADC
- Analog outputs, user-configurable for 0-10V, 0-5V, +/-5V, +/-10V, 12-bit or 16-bit DAC
- Optically isolated digital inputs, 5-24 VDC
- Optically isolated digital outputs rated at 25mA or 500mA, 5-24 VDC
- RISC processor for fast handling of I/O and logic
- EEPROM memory for non-volatile program storage
- Multitasking, variables, arrays, conditionals, arithmetic and logical operators
- Pulse counter and PID process control loops
- Web interface and email capability
- RS232 and Ethernet 10/100Base-T port; ModBus/TCP master or slave
- Powered by Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) or external 18-36 VDC
- RIO-471xx: 3.88" x 4.26" x 1.30"; Metal Enclosure
- RIO-472xx: 7.19" x 3.52" with DIN tray; screw terminals
- RIO-473xx: 10.8" x 4.7" with DIN tray; screw terminals
- Mating D-sub to screw-terminal Adapter boards available (ICS boards)
Use 2-letter Commands or Ladder Logic:
- Galil's Ladder Interface Software converts standard Relay Ladder Logic (RLL) programs into deterministic code for RIO
- Object types for contacts, coils, control relays, boxes (including timers, counters and data manipulation), and analog commands
The RIO-574x0 is a compact, cost-effective EtherCAT I/O slave module. It is packed with digital and analog I/O to be used remotely in an EtherCAT automation system. Although the RIO-57000 can be used with a generic EtherCAT master, it is designed to integrate seamlessly into an EtherCAT system with Galil's DMC-500x0 EtherCAT master.
Each RIO-574x0 has 16 optoisolated digital inputs and 16 high-power, 500mA sourcing, optoisolated digital outputs. The RIO-57420 is expanded to include 8 analog inputs and 8 analog outputs, both configurable in the ranges of 0-5V, 0-10V, ±5V, or ±10V.
The RIO-574x0 can be configured over USB in a few steps using Galil's software and intuitive English-like 2 letter commands.