Integrated Stepper Motors
Integrated Step Motors fuse step motor plus drive and control components into a single device. Integrated steppers offer a space-saving design that reduces wiring and saves on cost over separate motor and drive components.
StepSERVO™ Integrated Stepper Motors
Ideally suited for applications such as packaging and labeling, automated test and measurement, automated assembly and life sciences, StepSERVO™ motors from Applied Motion Products provide the next evolution integrated step motor technology. Starting with a proven integrated motor design, we add a high-resolution incremental encoder and closed-loop servo firmware to create a motor that offers the best step motor performance available today. StepSERVO™ motors offer the same high-torque-at-low-speed and excellent holding torque characteristics of open loop stepping motors with the advantages of true closed-loop control. These advantages include the ability to create peak torques from the motor up to 50% higher than the normal torque range of the same step motor running open loop. Closed-loop also means the motor only draws current when it needs it, so step motors now run cooler than ever before.
StepSERVO™ integrated stepper motors feature:
- NEMA frame size 17, 23 and 24. StepSERVO motors utilize 5000 line incremental encoders (20,000 counts/rev)
- NEMA frame size 11. StepSERVO motors utilize 1024 line incremental encoders (4,096 counts/rev)
- Closed-loop servo control using high torque step motors
- High acceleration for faster machine cycles and greater productivity
- Energy efficient, cool running
- All-in-one compact solution
- IP65 versions for wet and dusty environments
- Stand-alone operation (stored Q programming)
- EtherNet/IP industrial networking option
- CANopen fieldbus option
- Modbus RTU option for easy PLC/HMI connection
Click on the following link to view a 30minute YouTube Video on the StepSERVO™ integrated stepper motor.
3 Types of StepSERVO™ Integrated Motors:
1) SSM integrated steppers feature:
- NEMA 23 frame size motors
- Ethernet (RJ-45) port for programming
- EtherNet/IP industrial networking standard
- Three motor lengths (stack lengths) available to provide the highest amount of torque in the shortest motor possible
2) TSM integrated steppers feature:
- NEMA 11 (New!), NEMA 17 and NEMA 23 frame size motors
- RS-232 or RS-485 port for programming and streaming commands
- Control options including CANopen fieldbus control, digital step & direction control, analog velocity mode, streaming commands and stand-alone operation using stored Q programs.
- Three motor lengths available in each frame size to provide the highest amount of torque for each length
3) TXM integrated steppers feature:
- IP65 rated for wet and dusty environments
- NEMA 24 frame size motors
- RS-232, RS-485 or Ethernet port (M12) for programming, streaming commands and fieldbus/networking
- Control options include CANopen fieldbus control, EtherNet/IP industrial networking, digital step & direction control, analog velocity mode, streaming commands and stand-alone operation using stored Q programs.
- Two motor lengths available to provide both a lower torque and a higher torque option depending on application requirements
STM Series Integrated Stepper Motors from AMP
Applied Motion Products' STM Series Integrated Stepper Motors, available in NEMA 17, 23, and 24 frame sizes, including Washdown versions, combine the best of Applied Motion's drive and motor offering in a single, integrated device.
STM Integrated Motors feature:
- Dynamic Current Control
- Torque Ripple Smoothing
- Microstep Emulation
- Choose between RS-232 or RS-485 port for programming and serial communications
- Optional fieldbus communications
- Optional built-in incremental encoder provides advanced functionality
STM models feature the following multiple control options:
- "S" drives for basic applications such as step & direction or velocity mode
- "Q" drives for stand-alone Q programming with more I/O and options for encoder feedback, RS-485, and Ethernet UDP & TCP communications
- "C" drives for use as slave nodes on CANopen networks, with or without encoder feedback
- "IP" drives for use in EtherNet/IP communication networks, with full Q programming capabilities and optional encoder feedback
JVL Industri Elektronik Integrated QuickStep Stepper Motors
MIS QuickStep Stepper Motors from JVL are compact versatile Integrated stepper motors that meet almost any need for a compact stepper motor system. The force range is from 0.2 to 25Nm in flange size NEMA 17(43mm) to NEMA 43 (110mm).
The MIS motor - the complete motion solution Stepper motor with integrated controller. All necessary components in one unit.
The basic idea in the MIS motors is to minimize the installation costs but also to make a component that is much better protected against electrical noise which can be a typical problem when using long cables between controller and motor.
The stepper motor, hall sensor or encoder and electronics are specially developed by JVL so that they together form a closed unit where the power driver and controller is mounted inside the motor in a closed section.