Positioning and Speed Controllers for Micro Motors
All Maxon Motor speed and position controls are specially designed for DC and EC motors with encoders up to 750 Watt continuous output power.
The ESCON 4-Q servo controllers provide power and highly precise speed control for Maxon brushed DC and brushless DC (Maxon EC) motors, in a compact design. For simple speed control of brushless DC motors, Maxon also offer 1-Q servo amplifiers in a modular pcb configuration.
When more than just speed and torque control is required and recurring positioning processes with complex trajectories have to be executed, use Maxon positioning controllers. Maxon position controllers feature CANopen or EtherCAT connectivity, so setting up a distributed control network is easy.
With the EPOS2 and EPOS4 (Easy Positioning System) controllers, a modular product offering is available for all Maxon DC brushed and brushless motors. EPOS3 controllers are not recommended for new designs since they have been replaced by the EPOS4 controller. The newest addition to Maxon's high-performance range of positioning controllers are the MAXPOS controllers.
Maxon's Positioning & Speed Controllers for Micro Motors Feature:
EPOS (Easy Positioning System) are positioning controllers for brushed DC and brushless DC (maxon EC) motors with encoders. EPOS controllers offer connectivity with CANopen or EtherCAT interfaces and support Interpolated Position Mode. EPOS Position Controllers are available in the following configurations:
- EPOS2: Easy Positioning System with CANopen interface and Interpolated Position Mode
- EPOS2 P: The programmable position controller with CANopen interface and Interpolated Position Mode
- EPOS3: Easy Positioning System with EtherCAT interface and CoE (CAN application layer over EtherCAT)
- EPOS4: Maxon's next generation of positioning controllers offers impressively superior dynamics and outstanding power density
- MAXPOS: High-performance positioning controller with EtherCAT interface and CoE (CAN application layer over EtherCAT)
EPOS controllers are easy to program. The programming of applications complies with the IEC 61131-3 standard. With self-compiled programs, the EPOS programmable positioning controllers can autonomously control single and multiple axis systems which can be coordinated simultaneously. Thanks to the communication interface to the superior process level, supervisory control and data acquisition via RS232; USB 2.0, EtherCAT or CANopen is possible.
Editors (ST, IL, FBD, LD, SFC) of the powerful “EPOS Studio” tool are available for programming according to IEC 61131-3. The integrated project browser shows all network resources. Complex programs with a large number of decentralized controls can be optimally managed with it. Drive systems are configured and networked quickly using intelligent step-by-step wizards.
View a 2minute YouTube Video on Maxon's EPOS Digital Positioning Controller Family .
View a 2minute YouTube Video on the features of Maxon's EPOS2 Position Controller: Maxon EPOS2 Position Controller Features YouTube Video .
View a 2minute YouTube Video on the features of Maxon's EPOS EtherCAT Position Controller: Maxon EPOS3 EtherCAT YouTube Video .
View a 2minute YouTube Video onthe features of Maxon's MAXPOS Controller Maxon MAXPOS 50/5 Controller YouTube Video .
Maxon's EPOS2 Position Controllers:
ESCON servo controllers from Maxon
ESCON servo controllers from Maxon are small-sized, powerful 4-quadrant PWM servo controllers for the highly efficient control of permanent magnet-activated brush and brushless DC motors. The featured operating modes – speed control (closed loop), speed control (open loop), and current control – meet the highest requirements. The ESCON servo controllers are designed being commanded by an analog set value and features extensive analog and digital I/O functionality and are being configured via USB interface using the graphical user interface ESCON Studio for Windows PCs.
ESCON Speed Controllers (servo amplifiers) are available in the following configurations:
- 1-quadrant amplifier
- 4-quadrant amplifier
View a 2minute YouTube Video on the features of Maxon's ESCON Speed Controller: Maxon ESCON Features YouTube Video .
Maxon's ESCON Servo Controllers Feature:
- Digital servo amplifier with user friendly GUI
- Drives brush and brushless motors up to 700Watt
- Compact size, including PCB models
- Drift-free yet extremely dynamic speed behavior
- Speed range of 1 to 150,000 rpm
- Matched to Maxon's range of motors
- Ability to enable or disable the power stage depending on the direction of rotation
- Programmable speed ramps for acceleration and deceleration
- No additional external filters or motor chokes are required
- Protective circuits against overcurrent, excess temperature, under- and over-voltage, against voltage transients and against short-circuits in the motor cable
- Efficiency of 95%
Maxon's ESCON Speed Controllers: