- Buy 10 for $184.00 each and save 3%
The STF03 stepper drive is a DC-powered microstepping drive for controlling two-phase, bipolar step motors. It offers advanced current control and an anti-resonance algorithm that electronically damps motor and system resonances to improve motor smoothness and usable torque over a wide speed range. The drive employs electronic torque ripple smoothing and microstep emulation to greatly reduce motor noise and vibration. The drive must be powered from 12 to 48 VDC and can output up to 3.0 A/phase (peak-of-sine) to the step motor. Over-voltage, over-temperature and over-current protection features prevent damage while running in adverse conditions.
The STF03 offers the lowest power range in the STF series, making it suitable for the smallest step motors. It is complemented by a specifically matched set of NEMA 11 and 17 frame stepper motors (see Related and Recommended products below). For higher-powered STF drives to run larger motors see the STF06 and STF10. For stepper drives with encoder feedback options see the ST Series Stepper Drives.
Inputs and Outputs
For connecting to external devices such as control signals, limit switches, proximity or photoelectric sensors, PLC I/O, lamps, and other devices, the drive comes with 8 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs. The function of each I/O point is configured with the STF Configurator software. Details on wiring different I/O types can be found in the STF Hardware Manual (see Downloads section).
Note: Flying lead I/O cable is sold separately, P/N 3004-348 .
- Programmable microstepping drive with multiple communication options
- Advanced current control for optimal open loop performance
- Anti-resonance algorithm maximizes torque over a wide speed range
- Torque ripple smoothing increases smoothness and decreases vibrations
- Microstepping and Microstep Emulation
- Dual port communication for daisy chain network
- Wide current range 0.1 to 3.0 A/phase (peak of sine) with idle current reduction
- 8 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs (optically isolated)
Product Model Breakout
Sample image only. Product may differ