An Educated Consumer Is Our Best Customer™
At Electromate® customer education and training are Priority One! This section serves to provide our customers with a wealth of technical information for the products displayed throughout our site.
Videos and WebinarsView More
Click on the following YouTube link to view a library of Prerecorded Motion Control Technology Webinars. Additionally, over 360 product video's can also be viewed at the following link Manufacturer Product Videos.
- Extreme Environment Operation of DC Servo Motors What are the Challenges and What's required
- Design Implications In Sub Micron Positioning
- Automation and Food Safety Webinar: IP69K Products to meet New FDA FSMA standards
- The Evolution of Ethernet in Motion Control
- DC Motor Types and Usage in Typical Applications
- Designing an Optimal Rotary Motion Joint for Robotics and Factory Automation
- EtherCAT as a Master Machine Control Tool
- Servo Solutions for Mobile Automation Challenges
- How Magnetic Sensing Technologies are Changing How You Use Rotary Encoders
- Ethernet or EtherCAT for Motion Control Webinar: Choosing the Right Network for Your Applications
- Theory, Application & Operation of Frameless Motor Technology
The MOTIONEERING Application EngineView More
Announcing MOTIONEERING® Application Engine 6.4.0 – Kollmorgen's latest release of their Free premier motion sizing and selection software. This release features the new KBM™ Series Frameless Kit brushless motors with our AKD™ servo drive family, complementing their existing rotary and linear actuation systems. Sizing frameless motors and drive systems has never been easier. Using a mechanism project concept for collecting and saving multiple axes of load information, MOTIONEERING® can automatically calculate application results and compare against a database catalog of systems – recommending to their customers the most optimized set of Kollmorgen system solutions available.
The software sizing engine has the flexibility to sum the effects of multiple axes of motion for power supply and shunt regeneration sizing (rotary applications only). Versatile units-of-measure selection options for mechanism and motion profile data-entry, with the ability to convert data into other available units, makes this a convenient international tool. A user-friendly Help file teaches program functions and algorithms used to provide results.
MOTIONEERING® Online NEW and Improved Features:
- Inertia Calculator - lets you build up inertia based on odd shapes by additive or subtractive methods
- Custom motion profile - easy to add entire segments or copy segments to repeat
- Environmental Factor - takes into account your ambient temperature
- Project by Project Units - You can tailor your units on a project by project basis, or use the global units settings
The Engineer's ToolbarView More
The Engineer's Toolbar provides a convenient engineering toolbar to facilitate common technical calculations. Engineers and students alike will find this free tool to be extremely useful.
Click to View Screenshots:
- Unit conversion
- 28 parameters, hundreds of units
- Densities of materials - broad selection of materials and elements
- Inertia calculations
- Spherical shell
- Slender rod
- Integrates with MOTIONEERING® Application Engine and other programs utilizing a simple copy and paste function
- Trigonometric and calculus reference
The Smart Motion Cheat SheetView More
The Smart Motion Cheat Sheet was created to provide the system designer the information most commonly used to properly determine the torque at speed required by a given application and to give some guidelines for selecting the most appropriate motor-drive system to deliver that required torque at speed.
The Smart Motion Cheat Sheet includes:
- Sizing Formulae
- Interpretation of Torque/Speed Curve
- Sizing/Selection Flow Chart
- Symbols & Definitions
- Common Engineering Unit Conversions & Much More
The Motion Control Terminology PrimerView More
The Motion Control Terminology Primer is a two-page concise White Paper covering the following topics:
- Motion Control
- Motion Controllers
- Drives and Amplifiers
- Feedback Sensors
- Mechanical Systems